Encampment is a basic introduction to the CAP way of life and is an opportunity to experience leadership from both a follower’s and leader’s point of view. Encampment is a unique training opportunity because of the week-long “total immersion” concept that introduces cadets to a military environment at an active military installation. Although encampment is not a military boot camp, it is very intense training! It is an excellent way to meet new cadets from throughout the Wing, and nation, and aids in establishing an “esprit de corps” among the “next generation” of cadet leaders.
7th Kansas Wing Training Group
27 December 2015 – 3 January 2016
This year will be the best yet! Apply early to guarantee your spot at this activity.
If you have already attended a basic encampment and are interested in Advanced Training, consider attending the Ceremonies School!
The Ceremonies School has evolved into a much larger program with multiple and different week long courses to chose from. Please visit the new Ceremonies School web page
for more information.
Questions about Encampment?
Check out the Encampment FAQs
..... and if you still have questions, just contact via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s special events may include:
Dates and Deadlines to be aware of:
- NRA Marksmanship Qualification
- Obstacle Course
- Orientation Ride (depends of DoD)
- Staff: Applications for Cadet Staff are due 31 August. Senior Staff applications are being accepted any time. We are excited to be putting together a highly motivated and trained cadre to lead and train the 7th KSTG! Cadet Staff applicants must submit CAP resume and KSWGF-31 (link below) to email@example.com
- Cadet Basic and Honor Guard: Applications accepted from 1 September through 15 November
- Application fees are due along with application to be officially slotted... No fee = No slot... First come, first served basis
....and, if you're late:
Waiting List (in the event all slots are filled, and you paid but have not been slotted)
- Late Registration 16 November through 15 December
- Late application with increased fees (additional $25) accepted 16 November through 15 December
- Withdrawal Deadline 15 December
- Formal (written) withdrawals on/before 15 December receive full refund (PayPal usage charges will not be refunded under any circumstances)
- Withdrawals and No-Shows after 15 December receive no refund
Fees (subject to change):
- Those that remain on the official waiting list at the start of encampment will be refunded after the start of encampment
- PayPal usage charges will not be refunded under any circumstances
Encampment Late Application Fee after 15 November: Add $25
- Encampment Application Fee (through 15 November):
- Basic Cadet Encampment $175
- Cadet Staff for Encampment : $150
- Senior Staff: $125
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Individual Must Apply Separately
Once you have applied online, there's more to do.....
Mail the following, complete with
all required signatures...
ESPECIALLY your Wing
Commander if you are not from the KSWG
(without it, you will NOT
be processed, and may be sent home. Period. Seriously. NOT kidding):
- Kansas Wing Form 31 (skip section
Copy (front and back) of personal Medical Insurance Card
application fee (Check or money order to: Kansas Wing CAP)
you did not use PayPal above.
PO Box 3506
Salina, KS 67401
Your transportation plans are important to arrange
airport pick-ups and to help coordinate rides.
KSWG Encampment/Ceremonies School
Airline Travel Form
Here’s a helpful
☐ Apply Online
☐ Pay (PayPal, Check or Money Order)
☐ KSWGF 31 (skip section
☐ CAPF 160
☐ CAPF 161
☐ CAPF 163
☐ COPY of INS
☐ Transportation Form
the Packing List
7th KSTG Winter Encampment Graduation
3rd January 2016 at 1300
Star Base Training Center
2929 Scanlan Ave
Dismissal immediately after graduation
EMERGENCY CONTACT DURING ENCAMPMENT ONLY: